Saturday, May 30, 2015

Chatham Township Settlers

Chatham Twp., Kent County, Ontario, Canada From McGill University Site

Papers And Addresses of the Kent (Ontario, Canada) Historical Society:

Mr. McNaughton settled on lot 11 in the 5th concession of Chatham township, directly across the road from John MacVicar, who occupied lot 11 in the 4th con. Mr. McNaughton not only cleared his own lot but the adjoining lot 10, which passed to Neil and later to Dugald.. 

Then came Ebenezar Colby, an American from the state of New York, who took up lot ten in the tenth concession, receiving his patent on the 26th of July, 1841, and on his farm is located the greater part of what is known as ward three. The north half of lot eleven, in the tenth concession, settled by one. White, an American, was patented to Samuel Kitchen on the 11th of March, 1837, and the south half of lot eight in the ninth concession was patented to Alexander Marsh, son of William Marsh, on the sixth of July, 1838.

No comments: