Friday, November 13, 2015

Alice Spencer To Be Buried At All Hallows


The New England Historical And Genealogical Register:




Alice Spencer late the daughter of Thomas Spencer, citizen and cloth-worker of London, 13 November 1543, proved 22 November 1543.  To be buried in the cloister of All Hallows the more in Thames Street, nigh unto my father.  My Mother in law Agnes Spencer.  Refers to the will of father Thomas Spencer.  Tenement called the Wild Man in All Hallows belonging to the Goldsmiths.  Three tenements in St. Alban's, Wood Street, belonging to the Clothworkers.  My cousin John Hyde.  My cousin Richard Lambe, brewer.  My cousin George Hyde, Agnes Hyde, his daughter.  My cousin John Punchon, tailor.  All my godchildren wheresoever they be found.  Francis Pope, merchant tailor of London to be executor.

Among the witnesses was John Pynchon, marchaunt Taillour, Spert, 27.




No comments: