Various evidences point to the conclusion that Thomas Richardson lived on a tract acquired by him in 1673 called "Taylor's Mount," which lies at the confluences of Gunpowder and Bird's Rivers opposite Joppa..... .
Taylor's Mount On The Map - See Link Here
In 1683 the Baltimore County Court authorized the keeping of a ferry over Gunpowder River "from the house of Thomas Richardson unto the house of Mr. James Thompson." James Thompson then owned "Taylor's Choice," the site of the town of Joppa, which descended to his widow Anne, who married Edward Felks. It was on the land of the widow Anne Felks that Joppa was laid out. [Source]